Emergency hunger relief is critical for kids at risk of hunger. That is why we are partnering with The Interfaith Food Shuttle for the 7th annual Food Drive to Benefit Backpack Buddies. This is our signature event of the year. This year on April 27, 2019 we will have volunteers standing outside of 10 grocery stores in Apex, Durham, Cary, and Raleigh.
This year our food drive goal is to donate 10,000 pounds of food and $10,000 to help feed kids who don’t have access to food on the weekends. We can’t do this without a lot of help. You can help, here’s how!
- To volunteer for the food drive, click here to sign up for a 2 hour shift on 4/27. We love to have kids and their parents! People donate more when there is a kid asking.
- You can also donate money online to support the food drive by clicking here.
- Stop by and donate food at one of the food drive locations between 10am and 6pm on 4/27/19. This list of locations and needed items is below.
Food Items We Need Donated for the Food Drive:
- Milk boxes
- Cans of tuna or salmon
- Dinty Moore beef stew
- Canned fruit and veggies (peaches, peas, corn, etc)
- Easy Mac macaroni and cheese containers
- Raisins and other healthy snacks
- Juice boxes (100% juice)
- Instant oatmeal
- No Soft tops (like individual applesauce)
- Pop-top cans are preferred
Food Drive Locations where food will be collected on 4/27/19: