In order to end childhood hunger it is going to take help from all of us. Believe it or not you can do your own food drive. You can do it at school, at work, in your neighborhood, or at a local store. With a little help from adults, kids can make an even bigger impact by doing it. The process of planning the drive and making it happen is a true learning experience for anyone that gets involved. There are just a few simple steps if you want to do your own food drive. You can also download our detailed food drive kit below if you want help to do it on a larger scale.
- If you are a kid, make sure to get your parents’ help and permission.
- Find your local hunger relief organization using Feeding America’s Food Bank Finder.
- Contact them to find out if there are certain items they need worse than others.
- Make a list of food you want donated.
- Decide where to do your food drive. Is it door to door, at school, at a store, or someplace else.
- Hand out your lists of needed food, and be sure to explain why it is needed.
- Collect the food.
- Deliver it to the Food Bank you chose.
In addition to doing your own food drive there are other ways to help. Click here to find out. If more kids and their adults can get involved in the fight against childhood hunger we have a chance of ending it.