This year is the 6th annual weekend for Backpack Buddies to benefit the Backpack Buddies program at the Interfaith Food Shuttle.
BackPack Buddies is designed to provide children from low-income households with 10-12 pounds of nutritious kid friendly groceries for the weekend when free school lunches and breakfasts are not provided. The Food Shuttle works with each school system and individual schools to identify need. School officials at each site then identify students to receive BackPack Buddies. The program delivers over 2300 backpacks of food to students in need at 72 schools in the service area.
There are 2 ways to donate to this year’s food drive.
- You can donate money to help purchase food and support the program at HERE. Our goal it to raise at least $10,000 this year to help fund the program.
- You can visit one of the participating stores on 4/21 between 8:30 am and 4:00 pm. and donate one of these items:
- Milk Boxes
- Cans of Tuna or Salmon
- Cans of Beef Stew
- Canned fruit and vegetables (please no soft topped containers)
- Easy Mac
- Raisins and other healthy snacks
- 100% Juice Boxes
- Instant Oatmeal
Participating Stores: Come back and check as an additional store may be added
- Food Lion: 75 Glen Rd. in Garner
- Food Lion: 620 Laura Duncan Road in Apex
- Food Lion: 3415 Avent Ferry Road in Raleigh
- Food Lion: 2400 Wycliff Rd. in Raleigh
- Food Lion: 1777 W. Williams St. in Apex
- Food Lion: 8745 Holly Springs Rd. in Cary
- Food Lion: 2459 SW Cary Pkwy. in Cary
- Food Lion: 2861 Jones Franklin Rd. in Raleigh
- Harris Teeter: 5563 Western Blvd in Raleigh