Believe it or not you can do your own food drive. You can do it at school, at work, in your neighborhood, or at a local store. With a little help from adults, kids can make an even bigger impact by doing it. The process of planning the drive and making it happen is a true learning experience for anyone that gets involved. There are just a few simple steps if you want to do your own food drive. You can also download our detailed food drive kit below if you want help to do it on a larger scale.
- If you are a kid, make sure to get your parents’ help and permission.
- Find your local hunger relief organization using Feeding America’s Food Bank Finder.
- Contact them to find out if there are certain items they need worse than others.
- Make a list of food you want donated.
- Decide where to do your food drive. Is it door to door, at school, at a store, or someplace else.
- Hand out your lists of needed food, and be sure to explain why it is needed.
- Collect the food.
- Deliver it to the Food Bank you chose.